Wednesday, September 21, 2011

she's a sad tomato

so r.e.m.,who were around for my entire lifetime,finally called it quits today.
when i was a kid/teen i really loved that band.it's funny to me because they are definitely one of those bands i've grown out of so much to the point that i immediately roll my eyes whenever i hear them and reach to turn off for the most part now.

i saw them live in 99 with my friend matt,it was a pretty good show from what i can remember.though i think what i remember the most from the show was me getting kind of teared up and emo during a song because i had recently broken up with someone who had put it on a mixtape for me.who knows,maybe that's what ruined r.e.m. for me.

or maybe it's the fact that one of my high school art teachers looked exactly like mike mills and as i became an adult realized what a creeper the guy actually was.

however,for the record this will always be my favorite r.e.m. song.one i will never roll my eyes at or turn off. (well,no wonder,thurston moore is on it)

No comments:

Post a Comment