Monday, April 22, 2013

swoony

at least once in my life i would like someone to put on the flamingos "i only have eyes for you" and ask me to slow dance*. or throw it on a mixtape for me.i really don't know if i can possibly think of a more perfect,more romantic song.it pretty much literally makes me swoon.



i just found this version recorded by beck and as usual he nails it.



mercury rev also did a pretty great cover of it years ago that i had downloaded on an old computer but haven't really been able to find again since.

my grandfather's favorite person ever was peggy lee so i think i'm naturally inclined to like her version through dna alone.while it's still beautiful there's something about her rendition that sounds slightly bittersweet,sad and heartbreaking.




*fun fact: i've only slow danced twice in my entire life

No comments:

Post a Comment