Wednesday, February 29, 2012

genuinely bummed out about this

davy jones dead at 66.




it doesn't make me sad very often when a celebrity dies but he meant so much to me a a kid.
when i was in first grade i woke up early before school every morning because there would be two episides of the monkees reruns on.one morning my dad caught me running up to the tv and kissing it when the end credits were on and it was davy's face.my very first childhood crush was either davy or the fonz from happy days.i was going to marry davy.naturally my 5 year old mind couldn't rationalize that 1-this was a grown man,he was like prince charming for cryin out loud! and 2-the show was originally aired at least 25 years prior to my watching it.
i sort of think my childhood crush on davy has a little something to do with why i wind up dating so many musicians or why i have a thing for british accents as an adult.and if i'm not mistaken the monkees greatest hits was the first record i ever owned.

these are two of my absolute favorite monkees songs.



No comments:

Post a Comment